It’s getting hot around here! This is a great condiment to have in your pantry or to add some spice to your cooking. Take a step into fermenting and make this great Hot Sauce!
Do you like it hot well this is a great addition to any pantry. The perfect condiment to spice it up!
- High Speed Food Processor
- 1.5 Tbsp Salt
- 600 Mls Water Boiling
- 500 grams Long Red Chilli
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 150 Mls Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Dissolve the salt in boiling water and set aside to cool
- Sterilise a 1 litre jar
- Remove stalk from chilli's and place whole with garlic in the jar
- Pour over the brine to make sure your chilli's are completely covered
- Place lid on top of jar but do not seal as to let the air and gas from fermenting out of the jar
- Store at room temperature for 7 days.
- After 7 days drain the chillies and garlic. Make sure to reserve the brine. This can be used in other recipes and is just too tasty to discard
- Place chillies in a high speed blender with rice wine vinegar and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine wire sieve into a sterilised jar. Keep the pulp which can also be added to other recipes for flavour.
Calories: 17kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 528mgPotassium: 85mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 238IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 7mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!