Packed with flavour, colour and nutrient rich this is a new favourite at our table of health conscious eaters.
Rocket and Beetroot Salad
If you are looking to get a nutrient filled salad you won't be able to go past this Beetroot and Rocket salad. It has a tiny bit of naughty with the candied almonds but is just so full of goodness and taste you won't be able to pass it up.
- 10 Roasted Beetroot (Baby) You can roast small baby beetroots in the oven for 45 minutes, let them cool peal and quarter.
- 1 Bunch Rocket
- 1 Handful Parsley Leaves
- 60 grams Roasted Almonds
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 100 grams Goats Cheese
- .5 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- Place sugar in a large saucepan on a low heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the sugar has melted. It is important not to stir but instead to gradually tilt the pan to move the sugar around as it completely melts. You sugar syrup should be clear with no granuals. Throw in your nuts and mix. Turn nuts our on to a piece of baking paper. Try to keep separate as much as possible. Allow to cool.
- Add the washed Rocket and Parsley to a salad bowl and layer on top the Baby Beets that are diced or quarter depending on size.
- whisk the vinegar and olive oil together with a fork and lightly dress your salad.
- add the crumbled goats cheese and nuts to garnish.
Calories: 359kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 12gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 261mgPotassium: 889mgFiber: 8gSugar: 32gVitamin A: 1081IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 154mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!