Did you want to shack up the way you serve your steamed fish. Don’t go past this colourful and tasty dish. Great for a seafood Christmas or New Year or just entertaining friends in the summer. So quick and easy would even be good for a mid-week meal!
Steamed Fish with Cashew Cream & Green Papaya Salad
- 4 Pieces Fleshy White Fish (I used Hake) Salt, Pepper and Lemon to Season
- 1 Cup Cashew roasted and unsalted
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy
- 3 tsp Worcester Sauce
Green Papaya (or Apple) Salad
- 1/2 Green Papaya Can substitute 2 Green Apples
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Red Capsicum Sliced
- 1 Cup Green Beans Sliced
- 2 Spring Onions Diced
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Mint Chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp Brown Sugar or Palm Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon with Rind
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Dark Soy
- 1 Red Chilli seeded and sliced thinly
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts or roasted Cashews
- Fried Shallots to Garnish
- Season the fish and place in a Steam Oven or steamer on stove for 6 minutes until cooked through.
- Puree with a stick blender or in the food processor the Cashews and water and add then add the Dark Soy and Worchester Sauce. Heat through on the stove until your sauce is desired consistency. (Sauce will keep in fridge for up to 5 days)
- Prepare your Salad ingredients and sauce and combine in a large serving bowl. Garnish with nuts and fried Shallots.
- Sit back and enjoy at your next celebration or summer get together.