Beef Red Wine Ragu
It's getting cooler and so our foods get richer. Nothing better than a great Beef Ragu to warm your soul.
- 1 Litre Beef Stock
- 1 Kilo Chuck or Rump Steak diced 3 cm cubes
- 150 grams Pancetta diced
- 2 Stalks Celery diced
- 2 Carrots diced
- 1 Large Brown Onion diced
- 1 Capsicum diced
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 glass Red Wine
- 100 grams Parmesan grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place some olive oil in the pan and brown your beef
- Remove from the heat and then render the pancetta
- Add the garlic and diced vegetables and sweat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened and the onion translucent.
- Now add your beef back and the glass of red wine. Simmer for a few minuted before adding your stock, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cook on a low heat for approximately 2.5 to 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- When the meat softens and starts to fall apart and your sauce is thick season with some salt and pepper and you are ready to serve with your favourite wine and side!
Calories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 10gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 493mgPotassium: 339mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 4278IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 221mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!