I grew up on Honey Soy Chicken wings. This version has had a Foodnutt touch! This was always a favourite amongst the kids and adults alike in our family. Even my brother loved these and he took fussy to whole other level! This recipe is great with any cut of chicken especially crispy wings. I have used thighs with the bone in and skin on to maintain a moist and succulent cut once cooked. The smells in the kitchen will certainly bring everyone to the table! What to add another dimension then add some red chilli’s and enjoy the kick!
Honey Ginger Soy Chicken
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 spring onions finely chopped.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic minced.
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Thigh fillets (Skin on and Bone in) Adjust time if using other cuts
- In a bowl all your ingredients then add chicken mixing well.
- Cover and marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes if time allows (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Transfer chicken along with the marinade to a baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, turn twice during the baking to ensure the chicken doesn't dry out on top. Turn skin side up for last 10 minutes. You can also place under the grill to crisp up the skin and glaze.
- For smaller thighs or different cuts of meat you will need to adjust your cooking time.
- Serve with baked cocktail potatoes and coleslaw