These are really something quite special and would be great on any table. A nice summer lunch or perhaps entertaining at Christmas or New Year.
Coconut Crusted Prawns
A simple yet delicious way to spice up your entertaining table. With our Coconut Crusted Prawns.
- 500 grams Prawns (Green)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 100 grams Panko Crumbs
- 100 grams Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Flour
- 3 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- Lemon Rind
- 4 sprigs Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 250 mls Sunflower or Canola Oil
- Whisk your egg whites in a clean bowl
- In separate bowl mix Flour, Kashmiri Chilli Powder, Salt and Pepper
- In another bowl mix the Panko Crumbs, Coconut, Lemon Rind and Rosemary
- Coat the prawns with flour mix then egg whites followed by the crumb mixture
- Heat your oil until bubbles are running off the back of a wooden spoon
- Cook your prawns in batches until golden brown.
- Serve with some lemon wedges and a glass of Riesling
Calories: 1710kcalCarbohydrates: 173gProtein: 139gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 1260mgSodium: 5212mgPotassium: 1353mgFiber: 14gSugar: 51gVitamin A: 2402IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 950mgIron: 22mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!