My daughter’s favourite meal ever requested and always enjoyed. This recipe includes all the tips and tricks to take a Risotto from hoe hum to rich and creamy!
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
The requests keep coming here Foodnutt cooks up a beautiful Creamy and Mushroom Risotto. With all the hints and tips needed for a perfect result every time.
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 100 gms Butter
- 200 gms Bacon
- 200 gms Chicken Diced
- 250 gms Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Glass Retro Wines The Jackie Chardonnay available https://winenutt.com.au/product/retro-wines-the-jackie-chardonnay/
- 1 Ltr Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 pinch salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 100 gms Parmesan
- Add 50 gms of butter, onions and garlic to pan and sweat for 5 minutes until onions translucent
- In an another saucepan add the stock and keep at a simmer
- Add bacon and cook until fat is translucent about 2 minutes
- Add the Chicken for another few minutes just sealing all sides
- Add mushroom cook for a few minutes
- Add the white wine and cook until reduced by half
- Add the rice stirring constantly for a few minutes.
- Now add a ladel of the boiling stock. Keep stirring and adding stock for 7 minuets
- Taste the rice at 7-8 minutes to determine the consistency - you want it to be almost cooked through but to have a slight crunch.
- Turn off heat and mix through the rest of the butter and 100 gms of grated Parmesan
- Serve and garnish to taste
Calories: 1137kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 970mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 926IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 354mg | Iron: 6mg